Try these projects/exercises for learning Go. These increase in terms of complexity. First read Go BootcampTour of GoBasic Number filteringStudent Grading problemA game of PigHow to measure your success at the basic level?Word count in GoGrep in GoTree in Go
Some other CLIs to build (to practice and hone your skills)
- tail -f
- find and exec
Other exercises you can try
- Build a simple port scanner in Go
- Build a file watcher in Go
- Log aggregation system in Go (Grafana Loki v0.0.1)
🚧 Work in progress. I am working on building the following exercises. I’ll update this page when these exercises are ready.
- A CLI based game to guess stars of popular GitHub repos
- A GitHub REST API consumer to download user’s data from GitHub (e.g. followers, repos, orgs, etc.)
- A fully featured REST API for an online KYC (know your customer) system. This will include REST APIs, relational DB, Redis for caching, RabbitMQ as a queue, async workers for processing, etc. This is as close to real world as it gets!